Sunday, February 28, 2010

about me

hey there - i am amy, the girl behind BG. shown here with me are my beloved labradors (RIP mallard 5/13) the namesake behind brownie-goose. 

i am a girl that loves to sew. i am a girl that loves fabrics and trims and buttons and lace and all that jive. and i am a girl that enjoys designing patterns for you to sew. most of all, i am a girl that loves the fact that sewing is cool again.

want a little history of bg? it all started november of 2008 when i decided that i would be quitting my "real job" as a pediatric nurse so that i could stay home with my little girl who wasn't agreeing with daycare. i am a 4th generation tailor in my family so the sewing machine was nothing new to me. i began sewing for louisa as i would shop and not find a single thing i would like to dress her in. therefore, i began creating her unique outfits, and took the advice of some friends when i quit my day-job to take a go at selling some of my stuff to others. when baby #2 came along in 2011, things got interesting. as all of you mommas out there know, there wasn't near as much time to spend with the sewing machines anymore. so, with that i retired my children's clothing lines and started to publish and sell the patterns i had been designing.the rest is history, and i would not be where i am today without all of the awesome customers i have. nick-named my "geese" by one of my favorite button-suppliers, i am so fortunate to have amazing ladies backing me and supporting me!

brownie-goose is named after 2 of my 4-legged children, my labs. i have a chocolate lab (my sidekick) named mallard that we call "brownie, (sadly we lost my brown dog in may of 2013, we sure miss that boy!)" and a black lab (mixed with horse, she is huge) named lucy that we call "goose." enter.....brownie-goose. :)

thanks for stopping by on my site, and i hope you like what you see.

amy s. norris

for more info on me and the girl behind BG, check it out here.

2 comments:

daniKate designs said...

Your dogs are gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Great to see another SVA Alumnae success story! With admiration, SVA '90