Thursday, October 14, 2021

Lucky 13 - All Grown Up

It has been so long since I have blogged that it just took me about 20 minutes to try and remember how to post a new blog post. With that said, it is time my beloved geese.

13 years ago, I quit my "day job" as a pediatric nurse to be home with my daughter as her immune system wasn't syncing well with daycare, my job and my husband's crazy residency schedule. I turned my love of sewing and children's clothing into what is now referred to as a side-hustle. What started out as custom orders for friends and friends of friends, quickly turned into a small children's clothing line and with the birth of kiddo #2, then transitioned into the world of PDF patterns. It was a crazy ride, and I met some amazing people, learned so very much about how to run a business and watched myself struggle too often with not being able to set boundaries for myself. But overall, what a ride it was.

You see, I am using past-tense here. Because after 13 years, brownie-goose is in the past. I haven't designed a new pattern in years. I have NO clue what trends are out there in children's clothing right now. Do I still sew? Absolutely. Do I still buy too much fabric? Guilty as charged. And I always will because I love it so very much, but my days as a pattern designer are done. 

Because 13 years ago, this fiery, squishy, pink-loving girl inspired me to do what I did.

Now, that beautiful girl is still oh so fiery, but she is also grown up and choosing her own clothes and being her own person. Don't get me wrong, she still inspires me on a daily basis, but in so many other ways. And if we can all be honest here as moms, we all know between her and my son, I spend more time behind the wheel of my car driving to and fro all of the things than I do behind my sewing machine.

So, with that said, I am hanging up my hat as Mother Goose. I am so very grateful to all of you for your support, friendship, love, communication, etc. over the years. I always said I was so lucky to have the best fans, customers, clients and friends out there, and I still believe that is true. So with that, I will go out on my Lucky 13. 

I will keep my Etsy shop open through the end of October, but will be putting it on permanent vacation mode after that.

As always, happy sewing and creating.

XOXO - Amy

5 comments:

Southern Hollow News said...

Oh sweet Amy!! How I love Brownie Goose!! My most beloved patterns are your!! I enjoyed our friendship as you were in MS!! And I watched in awe as you moved and restored more homes!! All the while being an amazing designer!! I hate to see you retire!! Maybe one day that amazing daughter will have babies that you need to see for!! I am so thankful for all the devotion you gave all of your friends and fans!! I will always love you and your designs!! Have a bless retirement!!
Love, Janie Palmertree

JanetVandermeulen said...

OhMyGoodness. First of all how gorgeous is your all-grown-up baby?? About your business: another fabulous designer of the "PDF-101" generation is moving on. Pumpkin & Bunny, Duchess & Hare, Brownie Goose....if you talented women hadn't ventured out into the world of buy-online-and-print-instantly....we would not be where we are today. But where we are is also incredibly challenging as consumers expect so much: layers, A0 files, projector files, extensive size ranges, YouTube tutorials, Facebook Groups and Instagram and constant social media updates. Personally I prefer a small design house with a limited, curated selection of patterns and a loyal community...but I'm not in the mainstream. Thank you for sharing your talent! Best, Janet Vandermeulen

สล็อต พีจี said...

ทดลองเล่นสล็อต pp เกมสล็อตออนไลน์ รูปแบบใหม่ อัพเดทปี2022 มีเกมให้เลือกเล่นเยอะแยะ ไม่ว่าจะเป็น คาสิโนสด pg slot บาคาร่าออนไลน์เกมยิงปลาซึ่งสามารถเล่นผ่านมือถือได้ทุกระบบ

juljul said...

For newest news you have to visit internet and on web I found this web site as a
finest website for gclub6666 latest updates.

pg slot said...

เกมสล็อตค่าย pg ใหม่ล่าสุด เป็นหนึ่งในค่ายผู้พัฒนาเกมสล็อตที่เติบโตอย่างรวดเร็วในวงการ pg ออนไลน์ ด้วยการเชื่อมโยงความเป็นเลิศทางเทคนิคและความคิดสร้างสรรค์