Tuesday, February 1, 2011

smitten

absolutely, head over heels in love smitten.

with louise.

meet her, love her....

oh dear me. there are some times in my sewing room when i get into one of my phases and start working and cuss through pattern design and fits and getting things to work just right. i go through tons of broadcloth until i get it just right, my floor is littered with tracing paper of measurements and patterns that just didn't work. and then it happens. it all comes together. and i swoon.

this dress has hands-down been my biggest love in a while. the lily rufflers came close, but this dress makes my heart melt. i love her. i envisioned her one day when i bought the small blue buttons that close it in the back, and i waited until the right fabrics fell in my lap. and heather bailey...you win. i knew i would find a use for the vintage-inspired nicey jane soon.

she will be for sale at some point on etsy - i just don't know if i can get rid of her or not. this original may stay for my louisa, but i do need to make more. that flutter sleeve calls me in. it asks me to make more sizes to perfect the pattern. maybe even pull out some old vintage prints (if i can find them in my second sewing closet) of dreamy florals.

do you like her?


8 comments:

Kristen said...

Um yes, please make more!!!

Kosek Landing said...

like???...LOVE! You are so so talented!

AC said...

please sell her. me want!

lnichols said...

want it!

Ladd Family said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE... those are my only words.

Jessa said...

gorgeous!

Lauren Watson said...

I miss dressing my little girl....who is 18 now!! Can't wait to see a boys line now that little man is here!! I hate all the boys clothes in stores and go crazy trying to dress them!

Lauren Watson said...

I miss dressing my little girl....who is 18 now!! Can't wait to see a boys line now that little man is here!! I hate all the boys clothes in stores and go crazy trying to dress them!